You can make your dream and hustle become your primary source of income with these 5 tips, while being slammed with a day job! This is from first-hand experience.
- Keep your job that’s paying the bills right now – don’t quit in a hurry! You’ll know when the time is right – its when you make enough from your hustle to cover your monthly expenses.
- Carve out at least an hour or two everyday to work on your initiative. Most successful entrepreneurs do this in the mornings so you can be satisfied through the day and focus on your day job, while making sure you progress.
- Stay focused! Do not let other things drain your time. You know what you’re doing, so get it done first.
- Schedule time to sleep and recharge. Its not wasteful to relax and recoup. In fact, its far more efficient to get your work done while enthusiastic and fresh.
- Maintain a list of goals and check off targets. At all times, you should have a roadmap of where you’re going and be accountable with deadlines and goals. Check these off periodically and revisit timelines.
Remember – regular and consistent increments of pushing forward to achieve your dreams while doing well on your day job is the best way to get to your hustle in a nice and cheerful way.. Set your path on fire, but don’t get burnt out!
The Goloka hustle
And now, for a highlight from Goloka’s time as a juice bar…
When Goloka launched after redoing the interiors of the storefront, we started serving green juices in the store and bottled for cleanses. Here’s a couple at the time we knew them, who both enjoyed the neighborhood juice and health store.
It took a lot to get Goloka off the ground, with having to work my main job, but by following the tips above, some of which I learnt the hard way, it happened one step at a time. You know you’re doing it when you see happy customers!
Check out the motivational pic titled “Grow in the right direction with your constraints” as part of the video clip on Paulina’s page.
Wishing you all the best in your endeavour,